Thursday, November 7, 2013

Laughed?


Laughed?


As I was a child I grew up differently from everyone else.

I played games alone, games like:

Hopscotch,

            Jump rope,

                        And Tic-Tac-Toe.

Other kids thought I was weird and awkward to be around,

But I didn’t know why.

Maybe it was because I started school to early,

Or my parents were never married when they had me,

Or maybe close to having me at a young age.

 As I grew I learned to accept the weirdness,

And I even made friends along the way.

I even made friends with people, who also still laughed at me.

But now the tables have turned.

Today I laugh at them

Thinking they’re weird and awkward,

Because their form of normality is,

Smoking,

            Doing drugs,

                        Drinking,

                                    Skipping school,

                                                And goofing off a lot.

And they laughed at me?

The only type of laughing is towards them.

They’re the ones, who decided to take this wrong path of life,

While I took the right path of life.

While I’m in college,

They’ll be struggling between jobs and living pay check to pay check.

Hell, they’ll still probably be doing drugs and spending all their money to have some everyday.

I laugh at them,

Because they laughed at me,

For what?

1 comment:

  1. You had a great presentation of this poem Kyra, I felt it!

    ReplyDelete